Sunday 1 December 2013

Dressember: Day 1

Dressember started in 2009 and challenged women (and men) to wear a dress everyday in December. You can read all about the history of Dressember here but what started as a bit of a personal challenge has now taken on new meaning and is aiming to put a stop to global human trafficking.

I am looking on Dressember as a personal style challenge and a chance to bring a little femininity into my icing sugar coated existence. Call me ridiculous but there is a huge difference between baking in your scruffs and baking in a pretty dress, and this is something I have neglected of late. Also moving in to 2014 I would love to have a fully formed brand established and I think this might be a good way of really getting in tune with my own style.

Cheeeeeeeese!
I have, however, already hit upon a stumbling block: the camera. I do not have a good relationship with the camera, and, as I have had to send my phone off to be repaired, I am having to use my Mum's fancy smancy camera and that picks up everything!! So expect a bit of black and white and a lot of brightness going on until I have relaxed a bit more...


My first dress is my oh so beautiful Vivien of Holloway circle dress I bought in the summer to wear to the two weddings I attended. I have to admit that I do feel like a million dollars when I am wearing it. We were also celebrating my mum's birthday (happy birthday Mama Tallulah!) today so I made the effort.


I am looking forward to seeing what I can dig out of the darkest depths of my wardrobe for the rest of the month. Hopefully by the end of the month I can pull off a better photo. And maybe brush my hair...

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment