Sunday 10 February 2013

Pretty Coloured Cake Pops



Oh, I have been such a naughty blogger: I have yet to implement any of the features and things I had envisioned starting this month! Slapped wrists for me. I did, however, take lots of pictures for a technique feature I want to start. To cut a long (boring) story short, I have decided to put it off for a while until I can get myself organised.

In the meantime, I have been busy making things. 

 
 
Cake pops! I feel like I am getting a lot more comfortable with cake pops, and practicing definitely helps. It’s all about making sure the cake pops are the right size and aren’t too big, and that candy melts are deep enough in your bowl for easy coverage.

I made these a little while ago. I wanted them to be seen as Valentine ones but, like my whoopie pies, that didn’t turn out. 


But I was still pleased with the final ones – I really like the turquoise with the fuchsia pink. So bright but still sweet and pretty.


And it turns out that someone else liked them too because I got asked to do an order for a birthday…in Cheshire. I don’t live in Cheshire. And I definitely can’t personally deliver there. So next week I will be facing my first delivery challenge and posting cake pops! Eeeek! I will keep you posted about that!

But for now, let’s stay calm and look at another pretty picture…


Vicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment