Thursday 29 November 2012

{Mini Post} Christening Cupcakes

These little cupcakes were made for the Christening of a little boy named Freddie. I actually really struggled for ideas for these – I found it quite hard to make it Christening-y! Meaning that I didn’t want them just to look like cupcakes for a baby boy. In the end, I think that’s what happened but it worked. I don’t know how I could have made them more related to a Christening without putting more religious/church symbols on them. I mean like crosses… I don’t know what else I would have done for that either! Maybe a bible. Anyway…

I think I would have liked to have done more with flowers and maybe some kind of lace effect and make them really delicate and sophisticated but there was the danger of just making them look like pretty blue cupcakes. (Just as a bit of a side note, lace is something I would love to work with on cakes but haven’t yet figured out how to do it or to find a tutorial that is doing what I want. But I will persevere!)

So without further ado, here are the pictures!

Hope you like them :)


 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment